A few of my favorite home decor and dIY items for the month of july, plus recommendations from 4 blogger friends.
The summer heat is here! How are you keeping cool? Watering the flowers is an everyday chore these days, but it sure is nice to come into air conditioning when I’m done. I’m still trying to finish up my summer decorating; my focus has been on gardening for the last months. Today I’m joining a couple friends to share our seasonal Handpicked Favorites. Hopefully some of these items and tips will be helpful to you!
- All of my happy-colored summer vintage quilts are all over the house. Luckily they help me disguise the fact that my upholstered furniture needs cleaning-very badly. Instead of having a professional come out, I’m thinking I’d like to tackle the job myself. I’ve heard good things about THIS machine. It would be so much less embarrassing to have clean furniture. Anyone else clean your own furniture?
- We just can’t get enough outdoor solar lights; they’re the greatest invention. You can tuck them into a container pot, put uplights on trees and stick them all over your garden. They’re easy and give your yard such aesthetic appeal. I especially love the faceted versions because they throw cool shadows everywhere. THESE are similar to ours, but you can find all different kinds HERE.
- I’m decorating my summer kitchen with a vintage fruit theme; I’m so excited! I’m pulling out all the fruit accessories from all over the house in bright, happy summer colors. If you love old things with a fruit theme, check out my Etsy Favorites board of vintage fruit finds HERE. You may be inspired to decorate with a fruit theme, too!
- Vintage soda pop bottles in all their varieties are so fun to decorate with for summer. For an easy centerpiece you can stand a few in an old tool caddy, stick in a few flags or flowers and sprinkle beach glass around the bottom; instant cuteness! I love seeing all the old graphics and remembering when we all drank high fructose corn syrup in ignorant bliss;) I just picked up these 2 aqua Canada Dry bottles to coordinate with my others. Find old soda pop bottles HERE.
- I know I’m only supposed to have 4 favorites, but I just had to mention that now would be a great time to sign up for an Amazon Prime account. Prime Days are coming up July 11, 12 and they’ve got great discounts on membership right now. I will be making lists for my followers of items I think they’d like. You can sign up for Prime HERE and FOLLOW ME HERE. It’s like Christmas in July;)
Faves From My Friends
Cindy, Reinvented Delaware
- I’m loving these Bermuda shorts from Walmart’s Time and Tru collection this summer. I have the tan pair as well as the black and white checked pair. They are perfect when I am out thrifting or running errands. I have several of the v-neck tees to coordinate with them too.
- Speaking of summer – it’s cold brew season! Coffee that is! My gallon size-mason-jar-looking dispenser has a stainless steele spigot that won’t break after a few uses. My cold brew coffee sock makes just enough for the whole week! BTW, this gallon beverage dispenser could be used for other drinks like iced tea or flavored waters!
- In the workshop this week, I’ve been using transfers on several projects. They come in all sorts of designs and the ideas are endless! I’ve put them on furniture, thrifted cutting boards and even a fabric tote bag! I’ll be sharing that tutorial soon!
- And of course, I had to share my favorite tool in the workshop. It’s a quick flip drive attachment for the end of my power drill. It makes predrilling holes before adding the screw so easy! Just snap the brass fitting and the drill bit and screw bit can interchange in a second!
Regina, Saved From Salvage
- WATERPROOF PEN THERMOMETER – We grill all year round and this takes the guess work out of cooking. Never wonder if the meat is done with this waterproof thermometer. I guess because I’m Serve Safe certified, I like to make sure no one gets sick.
- MICROFIBER CLOTHS – This is back on the hit parade because if you didn’t grab them last month, then it’s time. Not only am I saving on window cleaner, I have zero streaks. Who’s joining?
- ECOS – Plastic Free Laundry Sheets – Anyone else just cringe at all the plastic? Even though we buy our laundry pods in a large bag instead of a plastic jug, I still don’t love it. I just got these and I just feel better using them. Oh and they smell so good!
- FLY FANS – Ok another game changer here. I love to eat outside and do most evenings. No longer do I have to bring a huge fan out and tilt it towards the table. These are quiet, and can be placed anywhere. I have two on my table during meals. I usually put one on the side table when I’m working outside. Even when I’m not eating, just to keep bugs at bay.
Anna, Sky Lark House
These finds are items that I have ordered, currently use and enjoy. I am linking the actual product I purchased, not a similar item.
- Last year, I had to purchase a new Apple lap top, which was a significant investment. For over a year, I put off buying a protective case for my laptop until I came across this feminine Mac Book Pro Shell Case. At $15, you can’t go wrong.
- These dripless taper candle sticks are such a beautiful color and they are also a great price at about $11 for a box of ten.
- I use this Maldon salt for my every day cooking. The soft, crunchy salt flakes are milder than traditional table salt. the $7 box will last for many months.
- Speaking of cooking, this glass bottle olive oil decanter has been a favorite of mine for years. It stays on the counter, within easy reach, next to the stove. For less than $20, it makes cooking with olive oil a pleasure. No more digging around in the cupboard to find a large heavy bottle of olive oil.
July Decorating and DIY Inspiration:
Hope these Favorite Finds from my friends and I will help and inspire you today! Keep cool!
If you enjoyed your visit, be sure to become an Insider, so the ideas can be sent right to you! Sign up HERE.