A few of my favorite Things to enjoy in the month of june, plus favorite recommendations from 4 blogger friends.
I turned on the A/C on this week, which means summer has finally arrived! As the heat turns up, so does my home’s color palette. I’m trying to finish up my planting and porch decorating so I can kick back and enjoy beautiful summer days. Here are the Handpicked Favorites I’m loving this month, along with recommendations from my friends!
- After a long day of gardening, there’s no better place to stretch out and relax than a hammock in the shade. A classic rope style will allow the breeze to cool your back. Make sure to grab a pillow and a vintage quilt so you can doze off watching the clouds. (great Dad’s day gift idea, too;) Find a hammock like ours HERE.
- Hot summer days require plenty of hydration. I love making simple, refreshing sun tea. I fill a glass pitcher with cold water and suspend 6-8 tea bags in the top. I cover with plastic wrap and let it steep in the sunshine all day. My favorite flavors are Good Earth’s Sweet and Spicy Original and Green. I see they also have some other flavors I need to try. They have both caffeinated and un-caffeinated versions, FYI. Find Good Earth Tea HERE. (Cute striped vintage pitcher can be found HERE)
- Our family has come up with a revised version of the classic croquet game. It’s called “extreme croquet”. They don’t just set the wickets in grass, they spread them far and wide so players have to go through woods, through sheds, on driveways-the harder the better. Memorial Day’s game lasted 3 hours! I have a great collection of old games to choose from (and decorate with), but my eldest, Mr. Freckles, said the new games have longer handles which is easier for taller people. If you don’t have a croquet game in your yard game stash, definitely get one…and play it extreme! Find classic new croquet sets HERE. Find vintage croquet pieces HERE.
- Brightly colored enamelware can be found in all the fun summer colors. Because it’s unbreakable, it’s perfect for the porch, picnics, and camping. I’m filling my porch cupboard with my vintage collection this summer and think I need to get some enamelware plates to set a cute outdoor table. Love THESE vintage-looking ones and THESE yellow ones. THESE vintage-looking plates are cute, too. Wouldn’t it be fun to set an outdoor table with a mix of vintage and new enamelware? Find vintage enamelware HERE.
Faves From My Friends
Cindy, Reinvented Delaware
- Our back patio needs a little help. A rug would change the whole look. I am loving this blue outdoor rug and this blue/green outdoor rug.
- We already have a patio set but this outdoor dining set would be lovely. Maybe I will settle for some new napkins like this solid sage green set or these adorable blue floral ones!
- I have upcycled a couple of planters on the blog recently, but our front and back patio areas still need a couple more. This set of urns would be gorgeous for ferns, and this pair of basket-style of planters would be so pretty filled with annuals!
- I mentioned that I had upcycled a couple of planters here on the blog and over on YouTube and this drill flip drive was INVALUABLE in completing the project!
Regina, Saved From Salvage
- ECloths: I’m so excited to pass these on. I saw these on IG and I ordered them right away. I am finally able to actually look out my windows when the sun shines in and see. No more streaks. Wet them in warm water, ring them out, wipe your windows and either air dry or dry with another cloth and bingo. Beautiful. No more paper towel wasting or Windex. #gamechanger.
- Solar Fountain: Next on the hit parade is another find that someone was sharing on Instagram. I need to stay off of Instagram if I ever plan to retire. I was gifted a bird bath and I just ordered this solar fountain to place inside for the birds. I’ll share as soon as it comes, I’m so excited and the birds will love it.
- Beach Tote: We are heading to the Bahamas this month and I’ve been looking for a large tote for the beach to carry my snacks, books I won’t read, magazines, Yahtzee, my sunscreen, towel, hat and phone. I ended up ordering this old standby from L.L.Bean and can’t wait to use it.
- Packable Straw Hat: Ok this is another vacation related item but it’s adorable. Perfect for poolside or beachside or even perfect for a picnic or listening to one of the many outdoor summer concerts coming up. This will be my go to in the Bahamas to keep my from frying. Best part is it’s packable so I don’t have to worry about it getting squished.
Anna, Sky Lark House
- The arrival of Memorial Day marks the official start of summer and “flag season” (Yes, I made that up). While I prefer vintage and antique flags, I found some great new patriotic decor. This package of 4 US bunting flags that are 3 feet by 6 feet is fabulous.
- Eating a healthy diet is always at the top of my list of priorities. So, I bought this package of organic ground flaxseed. You can add them to a smoothie, put them on yogurt, add them to your salad … you get the idea.
- These sandals are great for summer. I love the metallic finish because it goes with everything and brings some sparkle to your outfit.
- This kona coffee facial sugar scrub is fabulous! I have been using it 2-3 times per week. It does a great job of exfoliating your skin.
June decorating and DIY inspiration:
Hope you’re embracing the summer vibes in a big way! Hopefully this inspiration and our Handpicked Favorites will help you enjoy this new season:)