This recipe for Raisin Bran Muffins makes a big batch. Store them in the refrigerator, and bake some up whenever you want!
If there are home-baked muffins available in my house, life is good. Somehow they’re a comfort food that is not only satisfying, but just feels nostalgic and old fashioned. I’ve got quite a few muffin recipes that are my favorites, depending on the season. But these Delicious Raisin Bran Muffins are as easy and classic as a bowl of cereal. And much easier to eat on the go.
This recipe is basically a bulk recipe that you can make ahead and keep in your refrigerator. Mix them up in a non-metal large bowl and cover with a tight lid. (I actually use a cleaned-out ice cream bucket). Whenever you’re craving a warm muffin, you can bake up a few, or a couple dozen! Definitely a family favorite:)
Delicious Raisin Bran Muffins
- 5 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 5 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 7 1/2 cups or 15 oz box Raisin Bran cereal
- 1 quart buttermilk
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs, beaten
- Optional: 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- Optional: dab of butter and coarse sugar for topping
- Use a large non-metal bowl with a lid to mix up. I use a clean ice cream bucket with a lid.
- Mix dry ingredients first, except for cereal.
- Add cereal and nuts, if desired. Mix together with rest of dry ingredients.
- Add beaten eggs, buttermilk and oil. Stir to blend, but do not over stir.
- Muffin mixture can be stored in covered ice cream bucket up to 6 weeks. Do not stir again.
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 full. For added crunch on top, add a small pat of butter and raw sugar granules.
- Bake 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 36 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 241Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 23mgSodium: 368mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 2gSugar: 16gProtein: 5g
Some of my other favorite muffin recipes:
Hope you enjoy this family favorite! We’ve been enjoying these Delicious Raisin Bran Muffins for many years!