Here are some of my favorite Floral seasonal items for the month of May. Plus, favorites from a few friends.
April showers bring May flowers! My tulips and daffodils are finally blooming, and I’m so excited for flower season! You’ll be able to tell from my Handpicked Favorites this month!
- My favorite May outfit consists of classic overalls and floral sneakers; they make me feel like I’m in high school again;) For cute, garden-inspired shoes and overall picks, check my LTK shop HERE.
- Now that it’s finally warm, I love to start the day on the porch with a cup of coffee for some quiet time, listening to the birds. THIS book is beautifully filled with Ruth Chou Simmons gorgeous watercolor art and will guide your heart with faith-filled words. Perfect Mom’s Day gift! (For more of my favorite books, see HERE)
- Vintage seed packets are hard to find and I love their vintage look. Luckily there are tons of reproduction ones you can easily print on your own. I grabbed THESE flower ones and THESE veggie ones this week and am so inspired to craft with them. There are so many vintage labels available too; my creative brain was getting all kinds of ideas! (Tip: brush on some of THIS to give paper a vintage texture)
- I’ve been a little obsessed with woven accessories this Spring and was excited when a friend gave me a round rattan serving tray for my birthday. They’re the perfect summer serving accessory to carry things in and out. Find cute woven serving trays HERE. (another great Mom’s day idea;)
Faves from My Friends
Cindy, Reinvented Delaware
- Have you tried making soap? I’ve made it the old-fashioned way with lye and oils but I also enjoy making it in a simpler way using goat’s milk melt and pour soap base. It’s easy to melt and then pour into silicone molds, add some jute twine and you have an instant gift for someone special! (be sure to check out my freebie library for adorable gift tags!)
- Our bedroom is getting a makeover and I’m hanging curtains. But true to form for me, I am looking for a cost-effective way to have a full curtain. Dropcloths are such a bargain for so many projects including curtains! They are no-sew if you hang them with curtain clips! Stay tuned to see our bedroom reveal soon!
- Speaking of our bedroom refresh – we needed a new rug! The one I chose is from Boutique Rugs and it has a funny name – Agoo! It is gorgeous and I can’t wait to show you how good it looks in our bedroom! Use my code at checkout and get an additional 10% off of their already discounted prices! The code is: REINVENTED
- While I painted the walls in the bedroom, I listened to a book using the Audible app. Have you tried it? It’s great to listen to books while you do other things like painting a bedroom or working in the workshop! My daughter-in-law can listen to well over 100 books each year on her daily commute to work! Amazing!
Regina, Saved From Salvage
- Marble Cookbook Stand – Perfect for your cookbook or tablet, I am loving the look of this on my new countertops. A touch of elegance that any mom would love.
- Gift Wrap Door & Wall Rack – Oh to be organized. Gone are the days of digging in a bin or under the bed for wrapping paper. This wonderful system that fits your wrapping paper, bags, ribbons and more. Help mom get organized!
- Neutral Poof – Perfect for your feet, your book or just to have a seat, this simple pouf is neutral enough to fit in any decor and affordable enough for any budget.
- Gallery Wall Frame Set – I am exited for these frames, the perfect size for the top of the stairs, display your pictures in style.
Anna, Sky Lark House
These finds are items that I have ordered, currently use and enjoy. I am linking the actual product I purchased, not a similar item.
- The arrival of Memorial Day marks the official start of summer and “flag season” (Yes, I made that up). I love vintage and antique flags. This package of 4 US bunting flags that are 3 feet by 6 feet is fabulous.
- These recycled sari’s make the best silk ribbon. I use this ribbon for so many gifts and I used it to make the DIY Napkin Rings shown above.
- These shirts are my summer favorites since they are cool and light. I bought them in 3 different colors and wear a tank top underneath.
- This eye cream has been fabulous. The price is great since it costs less than $20.
For more May inspiration:
“Blue and White Tea Party for Mom”
“Collecting Vintage Daher Floral Tins”
“How to Refresh and Enjoy Vintage Metal Lawn Chairs (and keep their timeless appeal”
Happy month of May, friends! I hope you can enjoy all things flowers this month, too! And if you’re a mom, Happy Mother’s Day to you:)
If you enjoyed Handpicked Favorites, be sure to sign up to become an Insider HERE to have all the ideas sent directly to you!
Follow Me: LTK | Amazon | Pinterest | Instagram | Facebook
Hi Lora! Your floral shoes are adorable. I clicked over to your LTK page and I love the assortment you put together. It’s officially May and spring has finally arrived here in the northeast. We should be wearing floral everything! Have a great week.
Thanks, Anna! Yes, we’re finally enjoying the tulips and daffodils here! Soaking up every minute!
I try to really use every inch of May – perfect weather, sunlight, flowers. Enjoy is my May word
Your opening sentence reminds me of that grade school joke. “ and what do Mayflowers bring?”….. answer “ pilgrims”.
Thanks for sharing, I love these posts and always find something I really (don’t need but) must have.