Here are some of my favorite home decor and seasonal items for the month of April.
Happy April Fool’s Day! Can you believe we’re already to the month of April? We had a couple inches of snow yesterday and a thunderstorm the night before, so nature’s definitely trying to make up it’s mind as to what season it is! As I turn the page on my calendar, I’ll share what products I’m enjoying this month, along with a few friends. Here are my Handpicked Favorites for April.
- Easter is a week away! Mr. Fix-it and are are singing in our church choir this year, and I’ve so enjoyed practicing all the classic Easter music the last few weeks and pondering over their deep lyrics. But I also just got THIS BOOK in the mail and am looking forward to reading it this week as I prepare my heart for the most important holiday!
- Once Spring really happens around here, I like to do a deep clean of our entryway; put the hats, gloves, boots and winter jackets away. Our rug was looking a little sad, so I decided we needed a fresh look. THIS scalloped version caught my eye, and I love jute rugs for their organic texture. The little bigger size than a throw rug seems to make our small entry look more like a pretty space than a pass through. I got the black edge version because of my black wood floor, but the green edge or cream edge were pretty, too.
- April showers bring May flowers…hopefully?! I love to bring out my collection of vintage umbrellas to usher in the rainy month. Their pretty fabrics and fun lucite handles add decor, hanging in our entryway (and I always get compliments when I use them). I also like to decorate with them open, propping them high up on a cupboard or behind a vignette. You can find pretty vintage umbrellas HERE.
- I like to incorporate woven textures into my decor in the Spring and woven lamps and pendants are hot right now! I recently bought 2 rattan lamps for our new den which I’m starting to decorate and I’m loving them! Buying lamps in pairs enables me to swap them into different rooms for seasonal switch ups. Adding woven textured lamps to your decor is a great way to update your home’s look! HERE is a similarly shaped one to mine. HERE is a roundup of some of my favorites (follow me there for exclusive content).
Faves From My Friends
Cindy, Reinvented Delaware
- If you need a no-fuss gorgeous flower solution to spruce up your home for spring and summer, then you will love these real feel hydrangeas. They come in several colors – I have blue and they are so pretty and life-like! And they won’t wilt 🙂
- Comfy print t-shirts are my go-to for spring and summer. I found these on Amazon and now I just need to decide which prints to order! Check out the options and let me know your faves. I’m leaning toward the adorable daisy!
- Do you have an Apple Watch? My kids bought one for me several years ago for Mother’s Day; seriously, it’s the best watch! I can answer a text from my iPhone, and ask Siri questions and it keeps track of my daily steps and exercise! Consider one for yourself or as a gift. Mother’s Day is right around the corner!
- Our bedroom is undergoing a bit of a refresh and that calls for a new bedspread. I found this one at Walmart and I am loving it. The price is reasonable and the neutral color will go with anything.
Regina, Saved From Salvage
- CHUCK TAYLOR CONVERSE – Who hasn’t had a pair of these? It’s been awhile for me. I’v had red high tops, coral low tops and I’m ready to try some platform white. I had a time where I couldn’t wear such a flat shoe but I’m excited to try these. I just should never buy white but oh well.
- JUTE RUG – I have two of these on my first floor and I’m about to get another for my sunroom. I just love how neutral they are and go with everything.
- MAXI DRESS – I’ve got a few weddings this spring and so I’m on the hunt for dresses. I came across this one. Not for the weddings but I thought it looked cool and comfy for work.
- CAPRI BLUE CANDLE – I usually stock up on these at Anthropologie but I’ve used them all up. So it’s time. I don’t tire of this fresh scent especially in the spring.
Anna, Sky Lark House
These finds are items that I have ordered, currently use and enjoy. I am linking the actual product I purchased, not a similar item.
- This Mueller Multi-Function immersion blender is FABULOUS. It comes with a number of attachments including a whisk for making whip cream and a chopper that functions as a mini food processor. It’s also exceptional quality.
- With the arrival of spring, I am looking forward to wearing dresses again. I bought two of these Pretty Garden Wrap Dresses, which are perfect for Easter. If you are over the age of 40, you will also appreciate these dresses. An added bonus, they come in an array of colors and patterns.
- Creating the botanical eggs inspired me to use more furniture transfers. So, I purchased this set which includes some great foliage and birds.
- Finally, I always love flowers. So this book on French Blooms is so inspiring and fits nicely into my collection of decorating and gardening books.
For more Easter and Spring Inspiration:
“Easter Bunny Centerpiece How To”
“A Spring Home Tour with Vintage Garden Style”
Happy April, friends! Thanks for visiting today. If you enjoyed Handpicked Favorites, be sure to sign up to become an Insider HERE to have all the ideas sent directly to you!
Follow Me: LTK | Amazon | Pinterest | Instagram | Facebook
Those rattan lamps are gorgeous Lora!
Love these posts, thanks.