This easy no bake cake is simple to make with a fun, festive presentation. Perfect dessert for holidays or Birthdays.
This simple, easy “cake” is the perfect light, sweet and salty finish to a big, heavy meal. After having fun styling a pretty table and cooking a yummy meal, an easy, already done dessert that looks festive and fun makes this mama happy! Enjoy this Easy, Festive Popcorn Cake recipe.
Easy, Festive Popcorn Cake
Customize this simple, no bake cake to your celebration. Your color choice of M & M’s can match whatever holiday or birthday you’re cooking for.
For Easter I use pastel candies and stick peeps on top. For the Fourth of July, red, white and blue candies and flags on top is adorable. This is a for-sure kid pleaser, but will be enjoyed by the adults, too. Bonus…no fork needed!
- 18 cups popped popcorn (6.5 oz bag)
- 1 package M & M's (colored to match your party)
- 1 large package mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 1/2 cup light vegetable oil (I used melted coconut oil)
- Grease an angel food cake pan with butter.
- Fill large roasting pan with popcorn and M & M's.
- In a saucepan over low heat, melt butter, oil and mini marshmallows.
- Pour over popcorn and candy and mix gently but thoroughly.
- Fill cake pan, pressing down gently with back of spatula as you go. (You could also use a greased baggie)
- Let cool.
- Place serving plate on cake and flip. Cake pan should come off easily.
- Decorate with seasonal candy on top and around.
- Cut in slices to serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 236Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 21mgSodium: 154mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 1g
Decorate with extra candy around cake, add fresh flowers in a vase in the middle and skewer some peeps on kabob sticks and insert. It will appeal to the young and the old!
For more family favorite, classic recipes, see HERE.
Thanks for reading this Easy, Festive Popcorn Cake recipe. Hope you enjoyed this family favorite:) To get ideas sent directly to you, be sure to sign up to become an Insider, HERE.