Bake this moist cranberry orange bread for a treat during the holidays; perfect for brunch.
Many years ago a favorite neighbor gave me this yummy recipe. It’s the perfect tart, sweet quick bread to enjoy as a special treat during the Holiday season. If you’re hosting a brunch, it is a colorful addition to the menu; great with coffee. Hope you enjoy this Delicious Cranberry Orange Bread as much as we do!
Cranberry Orange Bread
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup sugar ( I use raw)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon soda
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and soda.
- Combine egg, grated orange peel, orange juice, and oil.
- Add wet to dry ingredients and stir until moistened.
- Fold in cranberries and walnuts.
- Pour into greased or parchment lined loaf pan.
- Bake 350 degrees for 60 minutes.
- Cool on rack.
Tip: Freeze your bag of fresh cranberries, and it will be much easier to chop them into small pieces.
The recipe listed only makes 1 loaf (standard size pan: 8 1/2″ x 4 1/2″ x 2 1/2″) about 12 slices. I usually make 2 loaves (double it); one to eat now and one to pop in the freezer or as a Holiday gift.
Tip: Freeze your bag of fresh cranberries, and you can chop them much easier.
For more family favorite recipes, see HERE.
This Delicious Cranberry Orange Bread contains classic ingredients for an old fashioned taste. Let me know if you enjoy it this Holiday season! The Christmas baking season has begun!
Pin and Share!
Sharing at these lovely parties: